The Railway Inn is Winchester’s only Music Venue. Its also the only really alternative pub, featuring comedy nights, poetry nights, regular film screenings and youth projects. We have two venues, plus a bar that’s open every day, and a large covered garden.
We have no music policy. If someone wants to come and see it, we’ll book it.
The Railway Inn was built in 1850 but it’s still not finished. In recent years, it has established a national reputation as one of the UK’s premier regional live music venues.
Platform 1 is our main 120 capacity venue. As early as 1970, Platform 1 started hosting bands of both global and local acclaim. Now, nearly 50 years later, it continues to accommodate some of the greatest talents from the UK and International scene.
Platform 2 is our 60 capacity venue located above our front bar. This space is suited to acoustic shows and private parties, as well as corporate and community events.
Platform 1 - 120 Capacity (Standing)
2x NEXO PS15
2x CVA 18″ subs
1 x Yamaha NX 4×4
NEXO TD15 Controller
5x CVA max15 (4 Channel mix)
2x Crest CA6
Allen & Heath SQ6
12x PAR56 LED
2x PAR56 LED Uplighters under rear upright truss
12x PAR16 Birdies configured as blinders on rear upright truss
3x 500w Fresnel stage facing
Assorted Budget Moving Heads
PC running Chamsys MagicQ
Chamsys Mini wing & touch interface
Width – 5.5m
Depth – 3m
Height – 0.3m
Clearance – 2.24m
Distance from down stage edge to mix position – 7.7m
Tama Silverstar (£10 per show)
22″x16″ Kick Drum
16″x16″ Floor Tom
12″x12″ Rack Tom
Backline Amp etc details available on request.
Please email Jay at email@example.com well in advance of your show to confirm backline availability.
Load in – from car park through fire exit – 2 shallow steps up. Please note – fire exit only to be used for load in/out and is to be kept shut at all times, and not opened without venue permission. Absolutely no equipment/cases are to be stored in the fire exit area.
Storage – There are no storage facilities for this venue. Bands must load out directly after stage time and follow a strict ‘Air-Lock’ system with the fire exit doors.
Dressing room – There are no dressing room facilities, however with notice and only for certain shows , the upstairs office can be made available. Access to this is only through the ‘Platform 2’ venue.
Platform 2 - 60 Capacity Mixed Seating/Standing
2x NEXO PS8
NEXO PS8TD Controller
1x Crest CA6
(Please note system is in Mono – one side of amp is used for FOH, the other for monitoring.)
2x NEXO PS8 (as a pair on one send)
NEXO PS8TD Controller
1x Crest CA6
Soundcraft Spirit E8 (8x mic channels, 2x stereo line channels, 2x Aux send (global pre/post fade)
3x Behringer Composer Dynamics – 6 channels totalComp/Gate
1x Lexicon MPX100
4x PAR56 LED
2x 500w Fresnel
5x PAR16 Down lights (House lights)
Various DMX controlled table lamps/fire place
8 Channel generic DMX controller
Load in – From side street, one step down, or through bar up one flight of stairs.
Storage – Small cases/instruments can be stored in the adjoining office/dressing room.
Dressing Rooms – Adjoining office available with notice and for certain shows only. This may be shared with shows in Platform 1.
Input – Whole Venue
4x Shure SM58
3x Shure Beta58
1x Sennheiser E845
2x Shure SM57
1x Shure PG57
1x Shure Beta52
1x AKG D112
3x Sennheiser E604
6x Various DIs
Other mics available with notice
Selection of tall and short boom stands
Selection of 5m/10m XLR, various looms/drops etc
- Please note Platform 2 is only suitable for acoustic acts and DJs due to strict noise control measures. No full drum kits will be permitted.
- Due to health and safety reasons only bottled drinks will be allowed on stage.
- The car park has ample space for any splitter/sleeper and is monitored by CCTV. There is a single 13 amp electric hook up.
- We are not responsible for any damage or theft to any vehicle/equipment brought onto the premises.
- The car park operates on a first come, first served basis. please park sensibly and considerately.
- All equipment brought onto site by visiting acts should display a current PAT Pass label and be safe for use. If the duty engineer for the night feels that a piece of electrical equipment is not safe for use, it will not be used at their discretion.
- All banners should have a fire rating certificate. No home made banners will be allowed.
- Bands/artists are NOT permitted to bring their own alcoholic drinks onto the premises.
- Any damage made to venue equipment by a band/artist or a member of their crew which is deemed intentional or avoidable will be charged to the artist or their representative on the night.